Many people are properly conscious of the numerous methods during which we will be tracked via fashionable know-how, so chances are you’ll not really feel the necessity to add one other. However there are various instances the place realizing the whereabouts of trusted family and friends is beneficial, and you are able to do it together with your Android telephone.
It is price mentioning that you may management who can see you and when, and you may cease location sharing at any time if somebody in your life adjustments from belief to mistrust.
I’ve used it many instances to determine the place to satisfy somebody or to examine when visitors will arrive so I do know precisely how a lot time I’ve left to pack. It is also useful for fogeys to know if their kids are secure and the place they need to be.
Share location through Google Maps
The obvious alternative for location sharing on Android is Google Maps, because it comes pre-installed (and can also be out there on iPhone). You can even strive different choices, which I’ll cowl.
Location sharing could be a one-way or two-way association, so if you want (and if they permit it) you’ll be able to see others with out them seeing you.In order for you your location to be seen, it’s essential to allow location monitoring in your telephone: In Android Settings, faucet Placethen allow place of use choices.
To start out sharing your location:
- Open Google Maps in your telephone and click on in your Google Account avatar (high proper nook).
- select location sharing.
- faucet new share Begin sharing your location with new pals.
- Your first resolution is how lengthy to share your location: Use + (plus signal) or – (minus signal) button units a time interval from quarter-hour to 9 hours.
- select till you flip it off In order for you this contact to have the ability to see your location till you determine in any other case.
- Choose a contact from the advised listing, or click on tomorrow Select a unique contact.
The contacts you choose will then obtain an alert in Google Maps that you simply’re sharing your location with them. They’ll select to share their location, however they aren’t required to. You may’t particularly ask to see one other particular person’s location: they need to observe the steps above or reply with a shared message out of your location.
similar location sharing The display the place you add a contact additionally lists the folks you are presently sharing your location with – you will see all of their actions plotted on the map.
Click on on a contact within the listing beneath the map to zoom in on its exact location. You will additionally obtain an data card telling you ways far-off they’re from you, the final time their location was up to date, and the battery degree of your telephone (which can be why they’re ignoring your name).
You may click on route Get instructions out of your present location to a contact, or cease Cease sharing your location with this particular person now. You can even set notifications for contacts:
- inside location sharing display, faucet the contact you wish to notify.
- faucet Add to Subsequent to the notification title.
- Choose the placement you wish to base notifications on by accepting Google Maps recommendations or clicking Add new location.
- Select whether or not you wish to be notified when a contact arrives at this location, leaves this location, or each.
- faucet save after which save once more. The contacts you choose will obtain a reminder that you’ve got arrange notifications, and the notifications themselves will likely be despatched through Google Maps.
- faucet notify Edit or delete notifications on the placement sharing display.
Needless to say when you use the Google Household Hyperlink app to observe your kid’s gadgets, location monitoring can also be an choice, positioned on its devoted tab. Chances are you’ll discover it simpler to make use of this app together with your youngsters than Google Maps – Google has extra details about this function.
Share your location with different apps
Different apps in your telephone might also have some form of location sharing performance constructed into them.For instance, in WhatsApp you’ll be able to faucet the paperclip icon on the backside of the dialog after which faucet Place Let others know your location for as much as eight hours.
You can even share your location with family and friends in Snapchat via Snap Maps.Click on Map pin icon (Backside left) See the placement of all of your contacts on the house display, or not less than those that share their location with you.Click on gear icon Set which of your pals can see your location.
So far as devoted location-sharing apps not developed by Google go, Glympse is the perfect I’ve come throughout. You might have a lot of choices for managing who can see your location when, and you may even use it with individuals who haven’t got Glympse put in on their telephones. (They’ll obtain a hyperlink to the net map.)
Life360 can also be good, nevertheless it’s primarily aimed toward households. Along with offering location sharing options that you simply and your kids can use, together with location-based alerts, the app additionally gives personal messaging and gadget monitoring. It could even use your telephone’s sensors to warn you if it thinks a member of the family has been concerned in an accident, very similar to Google’s private security app.